Board Recruitment – October 2020
BRICKS SEEKS TRUSTEES WITH FINANCE, PROPERTY OR FACILITIES SKILL SETS THAT BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF ARTISTS AND COMMUNITIES.
Bricks (CIO 1183118) seeks to recruit up to three new board members to join as trustees, we are looking for candidates with expertise and experience in finance or property (particularly development or planning).
We especially welcome applications from candidates from Black and Minority Ethnic Backgrounds and those with disabilities as these perspectives are under represented in our current board.
You will have a strong skill set in either Finance, Property or Facilities and want to support community led creative initiatives in Bristol.
- We are looking for someone with a strong finance skill set to join the board as treasurer, ensuring we have all the processes in place so that Bricks thrives in the new normal, moving forward through a period of growth.
- Experience with capital projects, creative industries, trading companies and art sales would be advantageous.
- Bricks engages with the property industry in multiple ways (public art producing, securing property through planning conditions, looking a purchase and develop models to secure social infrastructure) as such we are looking for someone with a skill set in Property Planning, Property development skill set to aid the boards strategic decision making and the director’s tactical advancement of those strategies.
- Facilities Management and Operations as we are looking to take on a building as a creative community hub, studios and workspace in the near future.
Though welcome, you do not need any prior board experience, but instead a passion for seeing positive change in Bristol through community and creative projects.
Bricks works with Bristol’s creative, local and social enterprise communities to programme collaborative activities and secure permanent spaces in the city for those communities to embed in place and build sustainable futures.
We believe in the civic role of artists and that through collaboration we can have a strong collective voice to influence the growth of the city.
Bricks board are engaged and have a strong role to shape the strategic direction of the organisation.
We are currently meeting on a monthly basis on first Tuesday each month, on drop in basis where those that can attend do. This may drop to a bimonthly or quarterly basis next year depending on board preference and the decision making requirements of the organisation.
KEY AREAS OF WORK
Community Led Creative – Working with local resident groups through creative processes to support local voices in the development of the city.
Artist Development – Throughout our whole programme we work to promote and develop local talent.
Public Art Producing – Working with developers and the city to write and produce public art programmes that support local voices.
Creative Infrastructure – Working across the city, constructing cross-sector partnerships to secure and run long term creative infrastructure for Bristol citizens.
Creative – We believe in the power of creativity inside everyone.
Collaborative – We believe in the magic and added value of collaboration.
Hospitable – We are welcoming and want to bring people together.
Sustainable – We are financially and environmentally sustainable and conscientious.
Local – We are locally rooted and accountable. We support local voices.
Inclusive – We listen to people and are people-led.
Entrepreneurial – We believe in exploring new ways of doing things and connecting value.
Civic – We are for all people in our city.
CURRENT TEAM AND BOARD
Bricks is a charitable incorporated organisation registered with the Charity Commission (Charity number 1183118). We have a limited company Bricks Trading Limited (Company Number 12359038) which delivers our art sales platform and public art consultancy.
There are three parts to this application.
- To apply please email Jack Gibbon email@example.com (Director) and Kim Wide firstname.lastname@example.org (Chair of Trustees) with a short introduction as to why you would like to join Bricks board and what you think you can offer the organisation.
- If you identify with the characteristics underrepresented on our board please make this clear.
- If you are based in Bristol & West of England, or specifically St Annes/ Brislington please make this clear.
- Please fill in this skills audit: https://forms.gle/Q7gVSHwTn8T3Z9nu9
- Please also complete this anonymous monitoring form, which helps us to evaluate our recruitment processes: https://forms.gle/6AGXqVbNDyiUjZpeA
Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis and candidates shortlisted and interviewed during the process.
PRE – APPLICATION
To discuss the role pre application please email email@example.com to set up a phone call.