Autumn Fete at St Anne’s House
On 30th October the doors opened to St Anne’s House for a free public house-warming event. Autumn Fete was an event to bring people together and invite them into the new community and creative hub.
“St Anne’s House is a space that is open to all to come together – This Autumn fete is an invitation to communities, especially of St Anne’s, to come and see what we are up to and for them to get involved.” – Jack Gibbon, Bricks Director
The day included:
- Den Making with Alison from A&Ks Playground
- Activist poster making with tenant Careful Now! Collective
- Join artists Elise Wooten and Ellen Pye in experimenting with vegetable printing and creating a colourful collaborative artwork for St Anne’s House. Have a go at printing your own creations to take home too!
- Come and join Coven Oven in some ye olde fashioned Samhain (Halloween) traditions – eat some toffee apples, carve yourself a turnip lantern, and gaze into your future with some poured wax divination.
- Get involved in a collaborative and creative session with tenant collective Co-Bristol
- Get creative with Paint, Pens and Ply run by Bristol artist and SAH tenant Elliot Coffin
- Free taster sessions with Bristol Cooperative Gym: 12.30 – 1pm Stretch and Strengthen with Isadora: Sign Up, 2.30 – 3pm Undoing Sitting with Millie: Sign Up
- Chair massages and handmade gifts with Handmade Holistics
- A playful puppet-making session for SAH tenants Ubuntu Play and Creative Therapies CIC.
- Bring your clothes back from the dead! A Spooky Mending Circle with local artist and St Anne’s Tenant Dawn Giles. Bring things that need mending, and any scrap fabrics or old clothes to upcycle.
We also be welcomed Friends of Eastwood Farm who shared how you can get involved in supporting the local nature reserve, and local BCC community development officer Sarah Daily who will be running a spooky St Anne’s activity.
swipe left / right
scroll left / right
use your left / right arrow keys
scroll or use arrow keys left / right
Gather St Annes, an interactive exhibition where you can share your stories of St Annes and the surrounding area
Archiving Glitches with Dhaqan Collective, an archive showcase produced by the first RELAY artist in residence
Confine + Escape, produced by Victoria McCusker the UWE MA Curating Placement at Bricks
So happy you have come to St Annes! I love how you are using the building to create community, art & positive things for people here!Local community member