Bricks Young Creatives
Join us for creative masterclasses
Are you interested in making art, performance or podcasting?
Are you aged 16 – 20 and living in or nearby St Anne’s?
Sign-up to take part in free creative masterclasses happening in
St Anne’s this August and September 2021.
- The masterclasses will be run by practising artists, there will be a chance to learn about each artist’s work and get creative.
- The artists will share the objects, places, histories and stories that inspire their work and explore with you how art can be used to delve into the past and reimagine the future.
- Find out about artistic research and create work to be shared at St Anne’s House.
Workshop One: Dhaqan Collective
Wednesday 25 August, 11am – 4pm
Workshop Two: Podcasting with Rowan Bishop
Saturday 4th September, 11am – 4pm
Workshop Three: Costume and Storytelling with Buoys Buoys Buoys
Saturday 11th September 2021, 11am – 4pm
Workshop Four: Sculpture and collage with Zanne Andrea
Saturday 18th September, 11am – 4pm
Workshop Five: Political Poster Printing with Careful Now Collective
Sunday 19th September, 11am – 4pm
Why take part?
- Take part in masterclasses with professional artists
- Build up your CV’s & creative practice.
- Meet other young creatives
- Have your say about what kind of projects you want to see at St Anne’s house in the future.
- Share work you have created
If you have any questions, have any ideas about the kind of opportunities you would be interested in or just want to say hello, contact Georgia our engagement producer: email@example.com
You can also DM us on Instagram @bricksyoungcreatives
We are Bricks, a social enterprise with a mission to support local & creative communities to thrive in Bristol. St Anne’s House (in Brislington) which will launch later this summer as a new creative & community hub.
We want to support young people who live in & around St Anne’s to explore arts & creative practice. In collaboration with young artists & creatives living in the area, we are developing Bricks Young Creatives – a programme of opportunities & projects for & by young people.
Thanks to the National Lottery Heritage Fund for making this project possible.
To find out more about Bricks and hear about opportunities follow us on Instagram and join our newsletter.