Public Art & Creative Infrastructure Producing
Bricks Public Art Producers support land developers to connect with local and creative communities, through the delivery of bespoke and locally lead public art programmes.
With a strong grounding in planning and community engagement alongside a high quality artist network, our approach is to facilitate a creative and collaborative process between land developers, architects, consultants, local authorities, communities and artists.
We believe in the civic role of artists and that by drawing on local creative talent for public art programmes, we maximise the positive local impact an artwork can have. Our aim is to produce public artworks that are loved by their communities and support the creative economy of the area.
This approach delivers great reputational value for the development and ensures that public artworks are grown organically from place and people.
We are interested in the creation of permanent and temporary artworks, alongside curating creative community programmes and the creation of creative and community infrastructure. The latter of which is a really exciting new aspect to public art programming being supported by local authorities through planning conditions
- Seamless project management of public art and creative infrastructure projects
- Writing & delivering public art plans & artist briefs
- Managing planning condition sign off with local authorities
- Brokering artist / client relationships from our wide reaching knowledge of South West creatives
- Working with consultant teams to explore site opportunities
- Viability assessments & creative programme management for creative and community infrastructure projects
- Managing commissioning & programming stakeholder groups (community, local authorities & developers)
- Delivering creative consultation programmes
- Writing and managing community engagement programmes, including delivering live events
- Creative project curation
- Budget management
- Contract management
- Liaison with local authority and statutory consultees
- Site/context research
- Managing artwork commission, intellectual property and client handover processes
- Promotion and public relations
- Evaluation and reporting
- Excellent client communication
OUR CLIENTS INCLUDE
- Local authorities, we sit on Bristol City Council’s preferred list of Public Art Producers
- Commercial mixed use land developers
- Education providers
- Affordable housing developers
- Community trusts
- International hospitality developers
We are especially keen to work on projects in Bristol and the South West, where the land developer has a long term interest in the site or the community that will be using it.
Current Public Art & Creative Infrastructure Projects
Bricks has been commissioned to write and deliver a public art programme for the new Moxy Hotel development in St Pauls, Bristol.
Bricks has been commissioned to deliver a public art programme for the new Trinity Academy secondary school in Lockleaze, Bristol.
Bricks has been commissioned to write and deliver the public art programme for Roseneath Gardens, Stoke Gifford, South Gloucestershire.
Community Led Creative, Cultural Infrastructure
In Summer 2021 Bricks were appointed to undertake an appraisal on the best potential short and long term community and creative opportunities for the Grade I Listed Whitfield Tabernacle.
Bricks has been commissioned to deliver a public art programme for the new residential and commercial development at St Gabriel’s Court in Easton, Bristol.