St Anne’s House
Welcome to St Anne’s House!
A hub of opportunities & creative spaces for artists & local residents.
The venue is home to artists, collectives, companies, charities, therapies, theatres, galleries & a gym.
Our mission in fostering the building in East Bristol is to serve the local community by up-cycling the space into an accessible & welcoming environment for all.
We are doing this by:
- Providing exhibition space for local & emerging artists
- Creating affordable & hireable spaces for community events
- Building an inclusive environment for activities & meet-ups
- Offering workspace for ‘Work Near Home’ (office & desk rental)
- Running artist studios & hosting local tenants for affordable prices
We are also programming projects by both Bricks & by collaborators. St Anne’s House allows these projects to have a physical space for people to come & explore together.
The projects include:
- Community activities & workshops (National Lottery Community Fund & Quartet)
- Young Bricks (National Lottery Heritage Fund) – starting with Masterclasses for young creatives to establish skills & experience. To learn more please click here
- Artist talks (Arts Council England) – To learn more please click here
- RELAY (Arts Council England) – a project space for creatives in Bristol & West of England to test out ideas – To learn more please click here
- Bricks Podcast series (Arts Council England) – available to listen here
- LOOK & LEARN workshops (UWE Bristol Community Fund) – a participatory photography & wellbeing project for St Anne’s residents. Initiated by Josh Adam Jones. To learn more please click here
swipe left / right
scroll left / right
use your left / right arrow keys
scroll or use arrow keys left / right
This use has been co-designed by the St Anne’s community over the last twelve months through the project ‘St Annes Creative Community Mapping’, as well as through ongoing consultation with creative communities through Bricks Artist Programme and DIY Arts Network.
St Annes Arts Action Group are a group of local residents we brought together to steer our work in St Anne’s. The group will be making decisions about what goes on in the building and wider activities to ensure St Anne’s House serves local needs and ambitions. Through 2021 the Arts Action Group will be looking to recruit new members to join, if that is of interest to you you can register interest at email@example.com.
The clear and loud ask from the community is for space to come together, to meet neighbours and connect with one another through a creative community hub and that is exactly what we intend to provide.
Our initial lease from Bristol City Council is for one year. With this year we want to make the case for how a community space of a decent scale can be at the heart of any future developments of the site.
As an initial one year project things are going to be DIY and low-fi, we are not going to be able to do everything everyone wants, but together we can try out ideas, test new ways of working together and learn from any mistakes as they come up.
We truly want this to be a collaboration with all in our communities so do get in touch if you want to start something/ change something and lets have a conversation.
- No. 36 Bus runs from Bristol City Centre to our front door every 30 minutes. First Bus 36 Timetable
- 20-minute walk from Lawrence Hill train station (via Feeder Road)
- 8-minute cycle ride from Bristol Temple Meads station (via Feeder Road). Get to BTM by Ferry, Bus or Train.
- We have a car park, though encourage active travel where possible.
- The space is accessible via ramp and lift. The two floors we occupy are on first and second floor accessed via a ramp from outside to ground floor then lift up to first and second floor. Before the public opening of the building we will produce a video to show routes in and where facilities are.
- There is an accessible toilet on the ground floor.
- We will be exploring how we can best make all our offer accessible to everyone and welcome input in this process. More info coming soon.
- To discuss any access requirements/ check set up or opening time questions email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07709 264 201.
Our thanks also to all our funders who are supporting us on a project basis including key partner Arts Council England who’s support unlocked the potential in this project.
If you want to support our work in St Annes visit our supporters page.